This blog is brought to you by Brick House Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning (our family business). We know a lot about cleaning carpet, air ducts, upholstery and even mattresses. Call us for a free in house estimate for your cleaning needs. 801.572.1000

Welcome!

Do you love all things clean as much as I do? Then definitely check back often. I am planning to keep this updated with all my favorite cleaning tips and other interesting stuff.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

So . . . let's revisit this whole cleaning blog thing.


I love, love, love blogging!  But sometimes it can get a little hard to keep up on.  Especially when life is so crazy, as I know it is for everyone.  So . . . I know that I need to be better about keeping up this little blog.  I started it as a way to give little tips here and there for our customers (and hopefully soon to be customers) of our carpet cleaning business.  Brick House Carpet Cleaning - you should call us!  We are amazing!  ;) 

BUT it became a great way for me to try to improve on my own cleaning and organizing.  And basically a way to keep track of the things I know that WORK.  I've never put anything on here that I haven't tried myself.  And I just get so dang passionate about all things clean and organized. 

I am hoping to be much better this year with this little ol' blog.  Of course I want to be cleaner and more organized in the new year.  Isn't that on pretty much everyone's lists? 

So . . . here is a little tidbit that my sister sent me on GOAL SETTING.  Perfect timing for this time of year.  I thought I would share it here as a reminder to write it down . . . make a plan . . . and just do better.  I know I can do it!   Starting with being a better blogger.  Of course since this is written by Dave Ramsay, it is more money minded than cleaning, but I think the tips work for just about any goal setting you are doing. 

Top 8 Reasons to Make Goals (and Stick to Them)
from daveramsey.com on 13 Jan 2010


It’s just plain fun to accomplish a goal. When you make a plan to do something and are focused, it’s enjoyable to know that you’ll actually get it done. It’s not just idle talk. You’re getting somewhere. You're aiming toward something. But those aren't the only reasons why you should set goals. Here are a few more:

Goals Are A Compass
People who don’t make goals usually don’t get anywhere, because they don’t know where they are going.

Makes You Unique
A Harvard study found that the 3% of students who write down goals for their life accomplish more than the 97% who do not. Which group would you rather be in?

Fun Times
If you have debt, it’s more fun to have a plan to get out of it than it is to have no plan and end up in more debt.

Keeps You Focused
Just like in hockey, the person who keeps an eye on their goal wins.

Accountability
Goals on paper stare you in the face until you do them. Without goals on paper, all you have is something you maybe kinda said you’d do a few weeks ago, er, something.

Carry-over
When you excel in one area of life (which goals help you to do), that excellence spills over to other areas. You can actually lose weight because you have the discipline to stick to a budget. Imagine that!

Make The Call
With focus, you earn the right to call Dave’s radio show and scream that you are debt-free! Sweet deal, if you can get it. And with a goal of being out of debt, you can.

Be The Leader
Throw a rock out the window. You’ll hit someone who only made a promise to exercise and lose weight, and it didn’t last a month. With a goal, you can stand out from that group and encourage others to do the same.

I can't wait for my new found sucess at New Year's Resolutions AND my little ol' cleaning blog.  Yay!

Because, I know without a shadow of a doubt that CLEAN FEELS GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I read this paragraph fully on the topic of the resemblance of hottest and earlier technologies, it's amazing article.

    Feel free to visit my webpage; website

    ReplyDelete