This blog is brought to you by Brick House Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning (our family business). We know a lot about cleaning carpet, air ducts, upholstery and even mattresses. Call us for a free in house estimate for your cleaning needs. 801.572.1000

Welcome!

Do you love all things clean as much as I do? Then definitely check back often. I am planning to keep this updated with all my favorite cleaning tips and other interesting stuff.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I hang my jeans. Always!


Since we've been talking about laundry lately, I just feel that you should know that I hang my jeans.  I never, ever, ever put them in the dryer.  It really is AMAZING how much longer they last, and how much longer they look good.  Our jeans rarely get worn out . . . and we rarely get holes in the knees.  Well, unless they are supposed to (which I think someday we are going to question that style - just like we question all of the styles from the 80s).

Anyway, I give my sister's kids our hand-me-downs.  And she is my best witness that our jeans still look great by the time they get to her.  Keeping them out of the dryer has allowed all three of my boys to wear the same jeans . . . and then on to my sister's four boys.  Yeah, that is right.  It is not like we have done an actual scientific experiment or anything, but a pair of jeans that starts out belonging to my oldest, could end up being worn by her youngest.  That is seven boys.  Crazy!  

Did you know you can buy retractable clothes lines?   They are sort of retro and oh so cool!  That is what we use.  I bought mine at Home Depot.  And I am using it so much, I rarely retract it at all.  But it nice to have the option.  My clothesline stretches across my laundry room, and I can hang up to seven pairs of jeans all at once.  And in the summer, I just lay them across the trampoline, and they are dry within an hour.  Perfect! 

Believe me, hang drying your jeans is totally worth it!  It isn't that much more of a pain, and all your jeans will last longer.  Which will save you $ over the long run!  Right?

Trust me on this one, because saving money (and being clean) feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I finally started hang drying after seeing the results of your awesome hand me downs. I thought it would take too long but now it's a habit. My laundry room is tiny so I just hang mine on plastic pant hangers from a small bar. They dry so fast! Thanks for the tip! You are a pro! Clean feels good & saving money by not weari g our clothes out too fast feels good too!

    ReplyDelete