This blog is brought to you by Brick House Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning (our family business). We know a lot about cleaning carpet, air ducts, upholstery and even mattresses. Call us for a free in house estimate for your cleaning needs. 801.572.1000

Welcome!

Do you love all things clean as much as I do? Then definitely check back often. I am planning to keep this updated with all my favorite cleaning tips and other interesting stuff.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Whiter whites! I swear!

I consider myself a laundry professional.  I know, I know, the word professional would imply that I get paid to do laundry.  Well, not exactly.  But sometimes I pay myself with Cold Stone.  Shhhhhh . . . don't tell my husband though.

BUT here is my point.  I am pretty darn good at laundry.  And I am willing to share my very favorite laundry tip with you, my faithful blog readers. 

Here it is:   CASCADE (yes, the dishwashing kind . . . the powdered version)

Have you wondered the best way to keep your whites their whitest?  Cascade is the answer.  I swear.  I read about this tip on a blog years ago.  I wish I knew where so I could give credit where credit is due.  But really, this has improved my laundry results in a noticable way. 

Here is what you do:
1.  Add 1 cup of powdered Cascade Dishwasher Detergent to your load of whites.  If you have a high efficiency front loader, you can still do this - just add it to your clothes, not where you add your detergent.  That is what I do, anyway.

2.  Add laundry detergent, as you normally would.

3.  Soak load overnight.

4.  Rinse as normal.  You can even do an extra rinse cycle if you want. 
I love the results!  You won't necessarily notice a big difference the first time you do this, but you should notice a significant improvement by the third or fourth time.  My boys wear WHITE shirts everyday for their school uniform, and their shirts really do look pretty darn great, if I do say so myself.  And these are seriously rough and tumble, get crazy dirty, laundry nightmare-ish, stain after stain after stain kind of boys.  But they look great as they head out the door in their white shirts!  Really, they do!

Try this . . . and let me know what you think!  I love the results. 

Because, believe me, clean feels good!

4 comments:

  1. check check 1 2 3... i thought i posted but it doesn't show

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i see... apparently you have to hit post twice with this new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a super sized box of cascade at Sams Club today. I know it will take a few times to get my whites white again. I remember it working so good when I had my top load. I need to figure out how to soak over night with my front load. Anyhooo thanks for the tips. Clean feels soooo good!

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete