This blog is brought to you by Brick House Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning (our family business). We know a lot about cleaning carpet, air ducts, upholstery and even mattresses. Call us for a free in house estimate for your cleaning needs. 801.572.1000

Welcome!

Do you love all things clean as much as I do? Then definitely check back often. I am planning to keep this updated with all my favorite cleaning tips and other interesting stuff.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

From Top to Bottom

Just a quick tip I picked up on a while back, which may or may not be obvious to the rest of the world . . . because it wasn't to me! 

It is always best to clean from TOP to BOTTOM.   Gravity is your friend but can also be your enemy when it comes to cleaning.  Think about it.  You've finished mopping the floors, and you then wipe off the counters.  It is inevitable, some of that crud is totally going to fall on your newly mopped floor.  Yuk!

This is an especially helpful when you are dusting something like the ceiling fan (dang! those things can collect SERIOUS dust) and dust falls all over the floor.  Then when you vacuum, you can just take care of the dust with the vacuum.  Easy peasy

SO, if you already knew this, I guess you could teach me a thing or two about cleaning.  :)

Oh, and did you know?  Clean feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I just dusted the filthy fan in my bedroom and all the lovely dust landed on my bed. I just thought you'd like to know that.

    ReplyDelete