This blog is brought to you by Brick House Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning (our family business). We know a lot about cleaning carpet, air ducts, upholstery and even mattresses. Call us for a free in house estimate for your cleaning needs. 801.572.1000

Welcome!

Do you love all things clean as much as I do? Then definitely check back often. I am planning to keep this updated with all my favorite cleaning tips and other interesting stuff.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Ever So Fabulous Clothes Hanger Trick


Have you heard the clothes hanger trick when it comes to purging clothes you never wear?  Well, it is oh so simple . . . and it totally works!   I have applied this to my closet R E L I G I O U S L Y, and my closet (and tendency for collecting clutter) have loved me for it. 

It is as simple as this.  Turn your hangers backwards in your closet.  That way, after a month or two, or when you do the Seasonal Clothes Switch Out, you will know what clothes you haven't been wearing and you can just get rid of them.  I do this --  no. matter. what.  Even if I think that shirt is super cute - there is some reason I never wear it. . . and that means it is time to go!

Ok. This obviously isn't MY forest green Girbaud jeans.  Use your imagination, please.  And I'm pretty sure I didn't look at all like Katie Holmes wearing them.  But I DID peg them, like Miss Katie.  :)   Lovely.

Try this out.  Really, it works wonderfully!   It helped me finally get rid of the forest green Girbaud jeans I was holding on to from back in the 90's.  Which also didn't even fit anymore.  But knowing I had spent $80 on those babies (and that was a lot for a pair of jeans in the 90's!) made me want to hold on to them forever.  I hope their new owner cherishes them like I did.  I haven't missed them a bit. 

Oh, by the way, clean feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I want more clothes in my closet. I empty mine out too often and it looks empty. Sorry but I'm cool like that. Thanks for the tip. One day maybe I'll have lots of clothes and I'll need to do this.

    ReplyDelete